Margaret S. Arndt
David M. Snieckus
99 Crescent Street
Newton, MA 02466
Re: A Home and Community Center that Promotes Sustainability, Optimum Health, and Intentional Community
To whom it may concern:
We are a small family whose vision is to live and inspire others to live sustainably and healthfully so as to optimally survive and thrive on this planet.
This vision includes environmentally sustainable farm home, community center, and outlying dwellings:
· on about five acres or more of land with good quality air, water and soil and that could grow organic food;
· in a geographical area within ten miles of Lexington, MA (where our daughter attends The Waldorf School), and convenient to those traveling from local airports;
· that could accommodate residents, and host day and overnight guests and community gatherings through offerings of wholesome, plant-based meals prepared by David, a whole foods chef and counselor, and various healing modalities and holistic educational venues; and
· that would serve as a model for others who are committed to the vision of sustainability, optimal health, and empowered community.
To fulfill this vision, we need the land, a home, community center, and outlying dwellings:
· through a philanthropic benefactor(s),
· through someone who would like to share their homestead for mutual benefit, and/or
· in collaboration with others…
who are also committed to the vision of sustainable living, optimal health, and empowered community.
Please let us know your interest and/or if you know of others who may be interested. We would be ever grateful.
In the meantime, for more information, including our summary vision statement and backgrounds, please contact us.
Margaret and David
The important thing is to identify with some thing(s)..beyond the self….each is a part of the whole. The immediate task is to grasp the universal truth and the second to act upon it. Part of this essential process…is… the self respect and dignity of the individual and the responsibility one has for other individuals, for the community, and for…the improvement of the environment.
– From Guiding Principles for a Good Life, by Scott and Helen Nearing
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.” “The world is but a canvas to the imagination.” “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
- Henry David Thoreau