compiled by Margaret S. Arndt
10/23/06 (updated 9/18/13)
Premises to why we contract disease, namely cancer:
1. One of the primary causes of disease is a compromised immune system - whether due to:
a). Physical imbalance due to poor diet, lack of exercise and/or a toxic environment,
b.) Emotional imbalance due to stress, anger, resentment, fear, depression, etc.,
c.) Mental imbalance due to lack of consciousness and awareness and subsequently poor lifestyle choices,
d.) Spiritual imbalance due to a need to address soul issues and experience a spiritually awakened life.
2. If one could understand the source and the cause of one's pain or disease, it makes sense that one would be able to better address one’s pain or disease. This is based on the wisdom that pain is life's messenger to awaken oneself to its source and to a “healing path”, to positive action with one's lifestyle choices.
Otherwise, one is likely to be prone to not take responsibility for one’s life, to being a "victim", to turning over one's power to others.
3. Cancer is a local manifestation of a systemic disease, and one must change the factors that caused it. If the underlying cause of pain and disease such as cancer is not addressed, then pain and disease could perpetuate, regardless of treatments provided.
4. We all have cancer cells in our bodies. Whether or not our bodies rid them depends on the strength of our immune systems. Healthy cells give up attacking cancer cells, and cancer cells invade healthy cells when our immune systems are compromised. The primary task in healing oneself therefore is the building and strengthening of our immune systems! Healthy bodies discharge. Unhealthy bodies accumulate toxins and get sick.
5. Our bodies are naturally self-rejuvenating, depending upon what we put into our bodies. We actually don’t contract disease. We allow disease to develop due to our lifestyle choices, particularly diet, which affects the blood terrain and the level of toxicity and dehydration in our bodies. Cancer is actually a deficiency disease caused by malnutrition, dehydration and stress, and can be prevented or reversed through a change in our diets and lifestyle. Our bodies need everything we can give it naturally and nutritionally to detoxify, cleanse and heal itself to a state of homeostasis.
6. It has been proven that cancer cells cannot live in an alkaline, oxygenated environment, and that on the other hand cancer cells thrive in an acidic environment. Whether the environment of our bodies is alkaline or acidic is a direct result of our diets. For information on alkaline and acidic foods, see the following. Note that an excess of sugar, fat and protein suppresses the immune system.
7. Removal of unhealthy cells (i.e., through chemotherapy, radiation and surgical removal of vital organs) may or may not contribute to the prospects of wellness, but needs to be weighed with the risk of destroying healthy cells and adversely affecting the immune system - the very system needed to be well -, in effect causing the cancer or the spreading of cancer. Again, if the underlying cause of disease is not addressed, namely a compromised immune system to begin with, then any aggressive medical procedures can be ineffectual.
8. Anything that compromises the immune system diminishes one’s ability to heal oneself. One must have or develop a strong immune system to heal.
9. There is compelling evidence that one’s mental, emotional and spiritual states affect one’s physical state.
10. CONCLUSION: A holistic approach to wellness is imperative.
In light of these premises, the following is a list of resources that:
- Support these premises
- Provide methods to enhance one’s immune system and create an alkaline, oxygenated environment.
- Provide information and testimonials on alternative therapies, including therapies that are combined with traditional approaches, with proven results.
It is with great hope that this information can help to restore one’s health and save lives! Make a difference and pass it on! If you have more to contribute, please contact me. Thank you!
Margaret S. Arndt
Advocate for greater awareness
SOME HEALTH RESOURCES
For Those With Cancer
HEALING RECIPES AND DIETS
1. Cancer cannot survive in an Alkaline High pH body. For that matter, every one needs to maintain a high ph level to keep cancer and tumors away. Many of the foods we eat and beverages we drink are acidic. A list of alkaline vs. acidic foods can be found on the following link: http://www.WakeupGetHealthy.com, and in the following book: The Acid Alkaline Food Guide, by Susan Brown and Larry Trivieri. The following further addresses alkaline vs. acidic food and beverages.
2. The standard water we drink is problematic. Tap water meets EPA ph standards for alkalinity, but is chemically treated with chlorine, fluoride and other chemicals. “Reverse Osmosis Purified” water is stripped of minerals, is acidic, is dehydrating, leaches vital minerals from our bodies, and should not be consumed. Bottled water does not meet “oxidation reduction potential” (ORP) standards, which quantifies the amount of energy in the water.
What to do: Either drill an artesian well one hundred feet into the ground, go to Lords, France, Cali, Mexico, New Dehli, India or Mt. Fiji, Japan for high quality alkaline water, or purchase a Kangen Water electrolysis machine, manufactured in Japan, which, through a process of ionization, separates acidic minerals from alkaline minerals, providing healing, regenerative, detoxifying, ionized, electron-rich, anti-oxidized, actively hydrated water!
Kangen means "return to origin" in Japanese. When applied to water, it refers to returning water to its natural state before it became polluted. It also refers to returning your body back to its original condition of health. The water is produced by a revolutionary Japanese water electrolysis technology that turns your acidic, contaminated, chlorinated tap water into healthier alkaline water with many benefits:
* Significantly slows down the Aging process
* Promotes healthy Weight loss
* Boosts the body's Immunity against disease
* Increases Absorption of important vitamins and minerals
* Turns ON the body's Natural healing ability
* Improves Circulation and digestion
* Raises Energy level and Stamina
This water antioxidizes, alkalizes, detoxifies and superhydrates the body. The Kangen machine creates water that has molecular microclusters that are more absorbable, that neutralize free radicals, that decrease acidity, leading to weight loss, that alkalinize the inner terrain of the body, restoring optimum function of the organs and the body’s natural healing ability.
Kangen water has been used in Japanese Hospitals for several decades and is designated as a certified medical device by the Japanese Ministry of Health. It is not just a home appliance! Now it is available in the U.S. in a home sized machine, so you do not have to be in a hospital to get the benefits of drinking this amazing water.
For more details, go to the web site www.kangen-water.biz. To purchase a machine, Margaret could put you in touch with a resource that could provide an affordable payment plan. Call Margaret at (617) 244-1966.
In the meantime, check out the following books:
The Miraculous Properties of Ionized Water, by Bob McCauley
The Ph Miracle, by Robert Young
The Ph Miracle for Weight Loss, by Robert Young and Shelley Redford Young
Reverse Aging, by Sang Wang
Understanding Acid-Base, by Benjamin Abelow
Alkalize or Die, by Theodore Baroody
The Acid Alkaline Food Guide, by Susan Brown and Larry Trivieri
The Water Puzzle and The Hexagonal Key, Scientific Evidence of Hexagonal Water and Its Positive Influence on Health!, by Dr. Mu Shik Jhon
3. Here is a recipe for an "optimally nutritious", "easily digestible" and delicious soup from the Hippocrates Center (<www.hippocratesinst.org>), which had invested a lot of time putting this recipe together for optimal results.
Put in a juicer:
3 cups of equal amounts of cucumber, celery, sunflower greens, and pea sprouts.
Put in a separate special juicer 1 - 2 ounces of wheat grass (so you don't de-oxidize it).
Combine the two juices.
Add one cup of chopped celery and chopped cucumber, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1/2 an avocado, 2 cups of any fresh herbs (i.e., oregano, dill, parsley, basil, etc.), 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon, kelp powder to taste, garlic to taste and ginger to taste, braggsaminous (an amino acid) to taste, and some Dulse and Nori to taste.
Put in a blender and serve at room temperature.
Note: Sunflower greens are available in pouches and wheat grass in pouches or trays, and can usually be found in health food stores. If not found, you could contact: Randy Jacobs of Life Force Growers at <email@example.com>. Randy lives in Waltham, MA and sells both. Randy could also be an invaluable resource as he has several clients, many of whom are dealing with cancer, and could likely share testimonials. Another contact is: http://www.sproutman.com.
Notes about wheat grass: It has been proven by a Nobel Prize winner, Otto Warburg, that cancer cells cannot live in an oxygenated environment. Wheat grass oxygenates the blood.
According to the scientist, Chou En Lai, wheat grass in test tubes kills cancer.
4. Practitioner from The Gerson Institute suggests the following do's, (some of which can be found on the web site: <www.gerson.com> under "Gerson Therapy" and scroll down some), and don'ts
Oatmeal (watered down so that it is gruel)
Lots of potassium, i.e. potatoes
Simple fruits and vegetables
Flax seed oil
Coq10 - 50 - 60 mlgms 3 x per day, which puts oxygen in the liver
Wobenzym, which are enzymes to help break down tumors. Take 3 tablets 3 x per day and 3 tablets at bedtime. Enzymes should be taken before each meal.
Soup: Potatoes, onions, leaks, tomatoes, celery, garlic, parsley. Bring to a boil. Simmer for two hours in order to make it digestible.
The worst foods are fat, refined salt and animal protein. The only acceptable fat is flax seed oil.
Cancer cells are swollen with sodium.
Avocado even has too much fat, according to a Gerson practitioner. Although the soup from Hippocrates includes it for essential oils.
5. Do’s and Don’ts for every day health from a Macrobiotic perspective:
Eat Organic Whole Natural Foods (vs. animal products, foods with white sugar, preservatives, chemicals and/or foods that are genetically engineered.)
Foods for every day health are listed below. Enjoy the variety available.
Take cooking classes! Resources: <www.DavidSnieckus.com>
Read Macrobiotic Cook books w/ healing recipes! Some of the best are the following:
The Hip Chicks Guide to Macrobiotics, by Jessica Porter (www.hipchicksmacrobiotics.com)
Cooking the Whole Foods Way, by Christina Pirello
Natural Foods Cookbook, Mary Estella
The Cancer Prevention Diet, Michio Kushi
Sea Salt (Celtic Sea Salt is ideal) (vs. refined salt, which is stripped of all minerals!)
Vegetable quality protein, i.e., Beans, tofu, tempeh, seitan, and miso for soups
Rice syrup and Amasake as a sweetener (in moderation only)
Natural Vegetable Cold Pressed Oils, particularly sesame oil (vs. Butter)
FOOD FOR EVERYDAY HEALTH
a. MAIN GRAIN - Brown Rice
b. Brown Rice with Millet
c. Brown Rice with Barley
d. Whole Oats (after one month)
e. Udon Noodles once a week
2. MISO SOUP
3. GREEN LEAFY, ROUND, AND ROOT VEGETABLES
Collards, Kale, Napa, Salad Greens (for Spring and Summer seasons)
Onions, Cabbage, Garlic, Squash
Carrots, Parsnips, and especially Daikon and Daikon leaves
Pinto, Black, Soy, Chickpeas, Aduki/Azuki Beans, Lentils
5. SEA VEGETABLES
Wakame, Hiziki, Arame, Kombu
Daikon Pickles and Pickled Napa
GOMASHIO: 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt to 20 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- FRESH FRUIT: A little
- SWEET VEGETABLE JAM (Carrots, Onions and Cabbage)
- BARLEY MALT: A little
- BROWN RICE SYRUP as a topping or sweet mix w/ i.e. rice for rice pudding
- Unsalted Sunflower seeds
- Unsalted Pumpkin Seeds
- BANCHA TWIG TEA
Avoid what is likely causing the problem:
ALL ANIMAL PRODUCTS, including ANIMAL PROTEIN, DAIRY FOODS, which include: milk, ice cream, cheeses and yogurt.
SUGAR, chocolate and other concentrated sweeteners. (Eating too much sugar burns out one’s adrenals, harms the pancreas and has no nutritional value. Refined sugar is processed chemically and has harmful additives.)
See the following link on sugar: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/sugar-problem/refined-sugar-the-sweetest-poison-of-all
Salty, baked and roasted foods.
WHITE FLOUR is not to be eaten in bread, cookies, crackers or pastries.
Avoid any food and beverages that possess stimulant, aromatic, or fragrant qualities such as coffee, soft drinks, herbal beverages and alcohol.
Avoid foods with sugars, preservatives, chemicals and/or foods that are genetically engineered. More factors to consider avoiding are: chemotherapy, exposure to artificial electromagnetic radiation, synthetic fabrics and other unnatural influences.
Department of HPB and Pancreatic Surgery, Leicester General Hospital,
Gwendolen Road, Leicester LE5 4PW, United Kingdom.
Omega-3 fatty acid (omega-3 FA) consumption has long been associated with a lower incidence of colon, breast and prostate cancers in many human populations. Human trials have demonstrated omega-3 FA to have profound anti-inflammatory effects in those with cancer. In vitro and small animal studies have yielded a strong body of evidence establishing omega-3 FA as having anti-inflammatory, anti-apoptotic, anti-proliferative and anti-angiogenic effects. This review explores the evidence and the mechanisms by which omega-3 FA may act as angiogenesis inhibitors and identifies opportunities for original research trialling omega-3 FAs as anti-cancer agents in humans. The conclusions drawn from this review suggest that omega-3 FAs in particular eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) found principally in oily fish have potent anti-angiogenic effects inhibiting production of many important angiogenic mediators namely; Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), Platelet-Derived Endothelial Cell Growth Factor (PDECGF), cyclo-oxygenase 2 (COX-2), prostaglandin-E2 (PGE2), nitric oxide, Nuclear Factor Kappa Beta (NFKB), matrix
metalloproteinases and beta-catenin. PMID: 19493674 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher
Journal of Clinical Oncology, 06/01/09
Ruhul Amin ARM et al. – This review discusses the promising natural chemopreventive compounds, their molecular targets, and their mechanisms.
Why natural compounds?
Because an ideal chemopreventive agent should be nontoxic, effective at lower doses, economical, and easily available.
* Chemopreventive properties of selected promising natural compounds:
* Tea polyphenols: Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) found in tea, the most abundant polyphenol has anticarcinogenic activity.
* Curcumin: Curcumin, isolated from the roots (rhizomes) of the plant Curcuma longa, the major yellow pigment is known for its antitumorigenic activity.
* Resveratrol: Resveratrol is a phytoalexin, a major constituent of red wine, and abundant in the grape skin.
* Lycopene: A natural antioxidant that imparts red color to tomatoes, guava, rosehip, watermelon, and pink grapefruit is known for its strong antioxidant properties, and has drawn much attention as a cancer preventing agent.
* Pomegranate: A number of in vitro and in vivo studies suggest that pomegranate has strong potential for prostate cancer chemoprevention.
* Luteolin: A flavonoid abundant in several green vegetables, such as broccoli, celery, cabbage, spinach, green pepper, and cauliflower, exhibits a wide array of pharmacologic properties ranging from anti-inflammation to anticancer effects.
* Genistein: A phytoestrogen abundant in soybeans and soy products. An inverse correlation between dietary soy consumption and the risk of prostate, breast, and endometrial cancer is established.
* Molecular targets for natural chemopreventive agents:
* p53 family members
* Nuclear Factor-Kappa B
* Activator Protein a (AP-1)
* Signal Transducers and Activators of Transcription Pathway (STAT)
* Growth factors and their receptors
* Host factors/Immunoprevention
Red meat linked to breast cancer
April 4, 2007 - British Journal of Cancer
Eating even small amounts of red meat can greatly increase a woman's risk of breast cancer, according to a study published today... The study, led by Professor Janet Cade of the University of Leeds, involved studying the diets of 35,000 women aged between 35 and 69 for eight years.
The research states: "Women, both pre and post-menopausal, who consumed the most meat had the highest risk of breast cancer... "Women generally consuming most total meat, red and processed meat were at the highest increased risk compared with non-meat consumers."
"The findings are robust. Whatever we adjusted the data for we could find an association." Read more:
Milk and Prostate Cancer: New Evidence
April 5, 2007 - International Journal of Cancer
A new study in the Int J Cancer highlights the link between dairy consumption and prostate cancer. Researchers examined dairy and calcium intake in 29,133 men. As consumption of dairy products or overall dietary calcium intake increased, risk for prostate cancer increased. Men who consumed the most dietary calcium (greater than 2,000 mg per day) had a 63 percent greater risk, compared with those getting less than 1,000 mg per day.
Excess dietary calcium inhibits activation of vitamin D in the body; vitamin D is essential for prostate health. Milk's large calcium load tends to block vitamin D activation in the body.
PRODUCT PLUNDER OF THE WEEK:
CANCER-CAUSING BENZENE IN SODA DRINKS
The problem of cancer causing benzene turning up in sodas seems to pop up in the U.S. with alarming regularity. Last week, the FDA reported that it tested 100 sodas and found unacceptable levels of the known carcinogen in five of the drinks. Some of these drinks had benzene levels nearly 100 times that which is considered safe by the EPA for drinking water. The toxin is formed when a soda manufacturer uses two ingredients that can react to form benzene: ascorbic acid and sodium benzoate or potassium benzoate. Soda companies found to have dangerous levels of benzene have vowed to reformulate their drinks. In the meantime, boycott the following beverages and consider avoiding any soda with the "toxic two" ingredients, found in an astoundingly high number of popular drinks. (As a note, beverages labeled as "organic" cannot contain these ingredients.)
Sodas Found to Contain Carcinogenic Benzene:
* Safeway Select Diet Orange
* AquaCal Strawberry Flavored Water Beverage
* Crystal Light Sunrise Classic Orange
* Giant Light Cranberry Juice Cocktail
* Crush Pineapple
Learn more: http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_5422.cfm
Parabens and Breast Cancer
Parabens are synthetic chemicals used as a preservative to inhibit the growth of bacteria, yeasts, and molds. Parabens are known to disrupt endocrine (hormone) function. More than 12 research studies (1) show parabens to have estrogenic activity in animals and in tissue culture. Recent research detected five types of intact parabens in human breast tumors (2). Although not a conclusive link between exposure to parabens and breast cancer, this new research signals the need for a precautionary approach to the manufacture and use of these compounds.
The international research community is beginning to question the safety of parabens in consumer products, based on new evidence of their endocrine disrupting effects. These ubiquitous chemicals are used as preservatives in a host of consumer products: food, pharmaceuticals and personal care products, including shampoos and conditioners, sunscreens, and deodorants. Since 2000, 13 research studies have shown that various types of parabens (methyl, ethyl, propyl, benzyol and benzyl) act like estrogen in animals and in tissue culture. However, the estrogenic activity occurs only when parabens are applied to the skin, not when ingested.
The estrogen/breast cancer connection is indisputable, which raises concerns about chemicals such as parabens that behave like estrogen….
Daily use of personal care products – especially deodorants and anti-perspirants -- can result in direct, chronic exposure to parabens.
Learn more: http://www.breastcancerfund.org/site/pp.asp?c=kwKXLdPaE&b=1203361
Fluoride and chlorine are major carcinogens, and are in our water supply. Check out: <www.fluoridealert.org>.
According to the U.S. Council of Environmental Quality‚ "Cancer risk among people drinking chlorinated water is as much as 93% higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine."
There is a lot of well-founded concern about chlorine. When chlorine is added to our water‚ it combines with other natural compounds to form Trihalomethanes (chlorination byproducts)‚ or THMs. These chlorine by-products trigger the production of free radicals in the body‚ causing cell damage‚ and are highly carcinogenic. Chlorine is also suspected to contribute to hardening of the arteries‚ the primary cause of heart disease.
"We are learning the hard way that all the time we thought we were preventing epidemics of one disease‚ we were creating another. Two decades after the start of chlorinating our drinking water the present epidemic of heart trouble and cancer began."
- Dr. Joseph M. Price‚ PhD
Heavy toxic metals, gases, and chemicals such as mercury, aluminum, lead, dioxin, fluoride and chlorine are prevalent throughout our environment, and should be avoided. Check out Sherry Rogers’ books, Tired or Toxic and Detoxify or Die.
HEALING INSTITUTIONS AND CLINICS
1. The Gerson Institute (<www.gerson.com>), which is also set up for people who are bed-ridden and for anyone who may want to accompany someone and be of support. This institute has had a 30% success rate with those with advanced cancer. They also provide a home therapy service through the guidance of a Gerson-trained practitioner, (who reviews medical records and requires an intake packet to be completed), which is actually followed through by a Gerson trained caregiver, who prepares the juices/food for the patient. The closest practitioner on the northeast coast is in NY, and her name is Lauren Jones and can be reached at (914) 457-5729. The closest caregiver for patients in Maine is in Standish, ME, and his name is Frank Gill and can be reached at (207) 642-4716.
2. Live food and spiritual centers include: The Hippocrates Center: <www.hippocratesinst.org>. The centers in Puerto Rico and an offshoot in New Mexico (Contact info.: Gabriel Cousins, director: (520)394-2520 and <firstname.lastname@example.org>) provide spiritual healing. The one in Palm Beach does not have a spiritual orientation. Check out the film: Practical Living, produced by the Hippocrates Health Institute.
3. Dr. James W. Forsythe, M.D., H.M.D. http://drforsythe.com/ and (775) 827-0707 - A reputable oncologist and homeopathic physician.
4. Ireland Cancer Center, University Hospitals Health System, Cleveland, Ohio
This Comprehensive Cancer Center has been designated by the National Cancer Institute for having high standards in research and clinical care. In looking into their clinical trials, there were several that have worked well for patients with ovarian cancer. To be eligible for any clinical trial the patient must be able to care for themselves independently at least 70% of the time.
There are three (3) phases of trials:
Phase I- For patients who have had chemo and/or radiation several times, this is the least successful of the Trials.
Phase II- Some patients have responded positively to treatment, but patient should have had not more than 1 chemo/radiation treatment to be effective.
Phase III- This is the most promising Phase for treatment. This is for patients who haven’t had chemo or radiation yet.
5. Kushi Institute: (http://www.kushiinstitute.org/) Offers programs to help people make the supportive dietary lifestyle changes that can provide the greatest positive impact on one’s life through the natural, macrobiotic approach to health, healing and well-being.
6. The Burzynski Clinic: http://www.burzynskiclinic.com
The article by Dr. Mercola on Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski's work and film is important to consider. Burzynski, the Movie, is the story of a medical doctor and Ph.D biochemist. Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski "won the largest, and possibly the most convoluted and intriguing legal battle against the Food and Drug Administration in American history." "In the 1970's, Dr. Burzynski made a remarkable discovery that threatened to change the face of cancer treatment forever. His non-toxic gene-targeted cancer medicine could have helped save millions of lives over the last two decades had his discovery not been criminally suppressed by the US government, as his therapy, called ‘antineoplastons’, has been shown to effectively help cure some of the most "incurable" forms of terminal cancer.”
7. The Cancer Project: (http://www.cancerproject.org) - An independent, separately incorporated affiliate of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) http://www.pcrm.org, The Cancer Project advances cancer prevention and survival through nutrition education and research.
Diet and Cancer Research: What we eat and how we treat our bodies on a daily basis have a very powerful effect on our health and quality of life. Although cancer can affect many different parts of the body, the foods that prevent cancer and deter cancer growth are generally the same. Fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes all have important nutrients and other cancer-fighting substances like phytochemicals and pectin that strengthen immune function and destroy cancer-causing substances before they cause harm. Research has shown that people who eat a diet free of animal products, high in plant foods, and low in fat have a much lower risk of developing cancer.
The Importance of Vegetables
Not only are vegetables low in fat and high in fiber, they also contain many cancer-fighting substances. Carotenoids, the pigment that gives fruits and vegetables their dark colors, have been shown to help prevent cancer. Beta-carotene, present in dark green and yellow vegetables, helps protect against lung cancer and may help prevent cancers of the bladder, mouth, larynx, esophagus, breast, and other sites.
Vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, kale, turnips, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts contain flavones and indoles which are thought to have anti-cancer activities.
Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits and many vegetables, may lower risks for cancers of the esophagus and stomach. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant, neutralizing cancer-causing chemicals that form in the body. It also blocks the conversion of nitrates to cancer-causing nitrosamines in the stomach.
Selenium is found in whole grains and has the same antioxidant effects as vitamin C and beta-carotene. Vitamin E also has this effect. Caution is advised in supplementing selenium, which is toxic in large doses.
Vegetarians Are Better Off All the evidence points to a low-fat, high-fiber diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans, as being the best for cancer prevention. Not surprisingly, vegetarians, whose diets easily meet these requirements, are at the lowest risk for cancer. Vegetarians have about half the cancer risk of meat-eaters.11 Vegetarians have higher blood levels of beta-carotene. They consume more vitamin C, beta-carotene, indoles, and fiber than meat-eaters. Vegetarians also have stronger immune systems. German researchers recently discovered that vegetarians have more than twice the natural killer cell activity of meat-eaters.12 Natural killer cells are specialized white blood cells that attack and neutralize cancer cells. Also, vegetarians tend to eat more soy products than meat-eaters. Soybeans contain many substances that are anticarcinogens, including lignans and phytoestrogens. A diet that is rich in soybeans may be one reason for the lower incidence of breast cancer in Asia.
8. Dr. Peggy Parker - Naturopath
9. San Diego Clinic - www.sdiegoclinic.com
Dr. Munoz has developed a multi-factorial approach using metabolic and immune therapies, including; IPT, hyperthermia, autologous and heterologous vaccines. Faye Lynne is the patient coordinator and can be reached at:
fax: 619 923 3251
We have a friend who went to this clinic and achieved full remission after stage 4 prostate cancer with bone metastasis.
10. Sunridge Medical Wellness Center is an advanced alternative medicine clinic offering research-driven treatments for patients with chronic diseases. www.sunridgemedical.com
11. The Mederi Foundation promotes a wholistic, comprehensive approach to healing and wellness.www.mederifoundation.org
12. Burton Goldberg http://www.burtongoldberg – The Voice of Alternative Medicine
13. Oasis of Hope http://www.oasisofhope.com
14. Center For New Medicine http://www.cfnmedicine.com
15. Oasis of Healing http://www.anoasisofhealing.com
16. The American Center for Biological Medicine http://www.thebiomedcenter.com
17. Gordon Research Institute www.gordonresearch.com
18. The Raw Food Institute http://therawfoodinstitute.com
19. Simonton Cancer Center http://www.simontoncenter.com
20. Utopia Wellness http://www.utopiawellness.com
21. Integrative Cancer Medicine Practitioner Directory: http://www.healthymedicineacademy.com/directory.pdf
22. The Preventive Medicine Center http://www.thepmc.org
23. Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing http://www.dempseycenter.org
24. The Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies
25. CT MultiSpecialty Group Center for Integrative Health http://www.cmgmds.com/integrated-care.php
26. Dr. Mark Stengler http://markstengler.com
1. Bernie Siegel's books, videos and resources, including: <http://www.ecap-online.org/bernie.htm> His classics in Miracle Healing are: Love, Medicine and Miracles and Peace, Love and Healing.
2. Book: The Rave Diet. DVDs/Videos: “Eating” and "Healing Cancer from Within", by Mike Anderson
"It is the clearest, most powerful and compelling presentation in the Western World about the state of our health and food industries."
"What a 'Wake Up' call! This book/DVD set is much more than an informative diet for health conscious people. It is truly a compelling, insightful, common sense approach to addressing the maladies and ailments that so many people suffer from today. This honest look at the faults of the (historic...hysteric?) standard American diet will definitely get your attention. The "Eating" DVD is a powerful statement against the way that most of us think about the food we eat. How can a society be so dumb about what we are doing to our bodies? I exercise and try to watch my weight, but I have really been missing the "big picture". This program puts it into proper perspective. Check it out! The answer is simple and has been right in front of us forever--history and facts are difficult to ignore. I think this program takes up where Dean Ornish left off." For on-line information, go to: <http://www.vegparadise.com/news46.html> and <http://www.ravediet.com/>
3. “Diseases Don’t Just Happen”, Video/DVD by Lorraine Day, M.D.
“You Can’t Improve on God”, Video/DVD by Lorraine Day, M.D.
About Dr. Lorraine Day:
Dr. Lorraine Day reversed her severe, advanced cancer by rebuilding her immune system by natural therapies, so her body could heal itself.
Dr. Day is an internationally acclaimed orthopedic trauma surgeon and best selling author, was for 15 years on the faculty of the University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine as Associate Professor and Vice Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics. She was also Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at San Francisco General Hospital and is recognized world-wide as an AIDS expert.
She has been invited to lecture extensively throughout the U.S. and the world and has appeared on numerous radio and television shows including 60 minutes, Nightline, CNN Crossfire, Oprah Winfrey, Larry King Live, The 700 Club, John Ankerberg Show, USA Radio Network, Art Bell Radio Show, Three Angels Broadcasting Network and Trinity Broadcasting Network.
For more information, go to: http://www.drday.com/
Note: While I believe these videos are worthwhile, I believe many of Dr. Day’s personal ideas and approaches found on her web site are open to question.
This is a breakthrough feature length documentary called CANCER is Curable NOW – about Alternative Cancer Treatments.
Some of what you'll learn in this program:
A FAULTY SYSTEM - Greed, Fear, Pressure, Obedience, Blind Faith
THE CAUSE OF CANCER - Household Toxins, Food Toxins, Plastics, Vaccination, Environmental Toxins, Emotional Toxins, Overwhelmed by Life, The real cause of cancer, Dealing with the cause
THE JOURNEY TO HEALTH - Self-responsibility, The pain of change, Victory is a Decision, Cancer is a Wake-up call, Finding good support, Common sense, Self confidence, A new way of healing, Healing is possible, Your body heals itself
MANDATORY CANCER TREATMENT - Exercise, Oxygen, Sunshine/Vitamin D3, Cancer diet, Alkaline, Detox diet, Gerson therapy, Detoxification, Supplements, Vitamin C, Enzymes, Immune boosting
MEDICAL CANCER TREATMENT - Whole body hyperthermia, Local hyperthermia, Prostate treatment, Ozone treatment, Dental cavitation, Root canal fillings, Antineoplastions, Hormone harmonizers, Nature has no side effects, Low dose insulin potentiation, Metronomic low dose
MENTAL CANCER TREATMENT - People are waking up, Healthy Habits, Motivation, Mental Detox, Meditation
BLESSINGS FROM CANCER - Secondary gains, Blessing for all involved, We vote with our shopping cart, It's time to change, Epilogue
5. Free Food and Medicine, by Markus Rothkranz http://www.markusrothkranz.com/wildandfree/wildandfree.html
6. CANCER is Curable NOW, by Marcus Freudenmann http://canceriscurablenow.tv
"This documentary is powerful enough to bring millions of people to alternative cancer treatments. The more people who witness countless others getting well by doing these non-toxic treatments, the faster these remarkable alternative treatments will catch on." - Mike Adams, Natural News
7. The Cure to Cancer Summit http://thecuretocancersummit.com
1.) The China Study, by T. Colin Campbell, PhD, who is a Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University, and Thomas M. Campbell, II, wrote the largest and most comprehensive study of nutrition ever conducted. Conclusion: The more animal derived food products in one’s diet, the higher incidence of cancer, heart disease and all other degenerative diseases, which has become epidemic in the modern world. Promotes a plant-based diet, resulting in greater health and longevity.
2.) Options - Richard Walters. Provides in-depth study of all the alternative therapies, and the results.
3.) The Cancer Survivors - Judith Glassman. Very inspiring beautiful book combining testimonials with scientific evidence for all the major therapies. After discussing all of the therapies, comes to conclusion that the state of our mind and spirit is the most important.
4.) Third Opinion - John Fink. Totally practical book describing 160 alternative healing centers in the United States and a few international centers treating cancer, and the strong points of each.
5.) The Healing Path - Marc Barasch. Best written, poetic and inspiring containing both many miracle stories and a lot of the science. Won Pulitzer Prize.
6.) Remarkable Recoveries - Marc Barasch and Caryle Hirshberg. Not as great literature as "Healing Path." But more systematic and organized, including questionnaires filled out by hundreds of survivors on how they got well.
7.) Spontaneous Healing - Andrew Weil. It lists 18 impressive cases, and discusses mechanisms.
8.) Making Miracles - Paul Roud. Excellent in-depth study of eleven terminal patients. Is comprehensive about every aspect of their recovery. Then it matches their stories with what science is discovering.
9.) A Cancer Therapy, Results of Fifty cases - Max Gerson. Technically written progress reports on 50 people cured of advanced cancer with Gerson Therapy. Gerson brought this study to the floor of the Senate, along with some of the patients and five doctors, reporting wonderful results with his program. Basis of the most respected, but difficult to follow, alternative cancer therapy there is.
10.) Surviving Cancer - Margie Levine. The longest anyone ever lived with asbestos cancer. Before her was one year. She lived 14 years in remission. Obvious when reading her book why, for she took responsibility for every aspect of her life, from diet to visualization, to love of nature, to laying on of hands, etc. An amazing person.
11.) Speak the Language of Healing - Susan Kuner, Carol Orsborn, Linda Quigley, Karen Stroup. Four women with various stages of breast cancer from stage 1 to stage 4 terminal, discuss their remissions, and potential full recovery, in terms that are totally spiritual, and in which they share the positive transformation of their lives by the illness.
12) How I Survived AIDS - Niro Asistent. Totally inspiring and amazing story of a woman’s spiritual journey resulting in total cure.
13.) Health, Hope, and Healing - David Tate. Man who recovered from both late stage cancer and heart attack through primarily spiritual means, but in combination with alternative therapies. Inspiring book.
14.) Spiritual Healing in a Scientific Age, by Robert Peel. This book is published by the Christian Science movement. It claims there are 4,000 cases of miraculous healing through mind alone, listed in the last several decades of the "Christian Science Monitor". Of these 4,000 cases, it provides 57 testimonials along with doctor's affidavits as to the prognosis and reality of the cure.
15.) A Healing Journey, and Getting Well Again, a practical classic, by Carl Simonton. Simonton is the oncologist who proved the value of visualization and emotional healing working in treating cancer.
16.) Living Foods for Optimum Health: Staying Healthy in an Unhealthy World, by Theresa Foy Digeronimo and Brian R. Clement
17.) Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, by Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder. Best book on scientific evidence that consciousness not matter is prime in the universe.
18.) Cancer Combat, Cancer Survivors Share Their Guerilla Tactics to Help You Win the Fight of Your Life, by Dean King, Jessica King and Jonathan Pearlroth – For people not open to looking at alternative medicine or spiritual healing. Demonstrates that mental attitude can still make a radical difference.
19.) Vibrational Medicine, by Richard Gerber, M.D. – Shows why energy medicine works using discoveries of modern physics.
20.) Conscious Eating, Gabriel Cousins – Shows how discrimination about the foods one eats can have a radical effect on health and consciousness simultaneously.
21.) Unexpected Recoveries, Tom Monte – Excellent combination of both spiritual wisdom and practical lifestyle changes needed to create a miracle.
22.) The Creation of Health, Carolyn Myss and Norman Shealy – Excellent book on personality traits necessary to create a miracle and why they work. (www.myss.com)
23.) Cancer and the Philosophy of the Far East, George Ohsawa – His tuberculosis, stomach ulcers and host of other illnesses were declared incurable by modern medicine, launching him on a journey to cure himself. Having pored over ancient medical and philosophical texts, he discovered the way to health and happiness that he later called “macrobiotics”. He cured himself completely and spent the rest of his life revealing to others the secrets he had learned. In his book, he discusses the physical and psychological basis of cancer and other diseases, the fundamental philosophy and medicine of the Far East versus the symptomatic therapies of the West, and the principals of yin and yang – the framework of Oriental philosophy.
24.) Acid and Alkaline, Herman Aihara – Provides a detailed look at the acid alkaline principle, how to determine acid and alkaline forming foods, balancing meals, and dietary treatments and recommendations to stop or prevent cancer growth.
25.) The Cancer Prevention Diet, Michio Kushi’s Macrobiotic Blueprint for the Prevention and Relief of Disease, Michio Kushi with Alex Jack. Drawing on the most up-to-date cancer and heart research, Michio Kushi presents a ground-breaking dietary program that can be implemented safely and simply. This is essential reading for anyone seeking to maintain or regain optimum health through natural means. Michio Kushi is the acknowledged leader of the international macrobiotic community and natural-foods movement. Well known and widely respected among both the medical community and the public at large, he is the author of numerous books on the food-health connection. Alex Jack, a journalist and author, is a former editor of the East West Journal.
26.) The Macrobiotic Path to Total Health, A Complete Guide to Preventing and Relieving More than 200 Chronic Conditions and Disorders Naturally, Michio Kushi and Alex Jack
27.) A Cancer Battle Plan, Six Strategies For Beating Cancer From A Recovered “Hopeless Case”, Anne E. Frahm with David Frahm. After pursuing traditional treatments of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy with the end result turning out to be another hopeless prognosis, Anne discovered the connection between cancer and nutrition, carefully researched the medical basis of her discovery and formulated a comprehensive nutritional battle plan. Within five weeks of implementing a program of detoxification and diet, her cancer disappeared without a trace, and she has been cancer-free ever since. In this book, Anne shares the strategies she used to beat cancer, backed up by more than thirty doctors, nutritionists and cancer scientists.
28.) Becoming Whole, Meg Wolf with Tom Monte
“…an accurate and fearless account of what it takes to embrace life fully and heal every cell in your body.” Christiane Northrup, MD, author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, The Wisdom of Menopause, and Mother-Daughter Wisdom.
“…the most important message in this book…is the sentence ‘I took possession of my life’. When you do that true healing begins and you take your authentic path not prescribed or dictated by others.” – Bernie Siegel, MD, author of Love, Medicine and Miracles and Help Me To Heal
“…is a gripping account of personal determination and pure guts….a real eye-opener, well written, a real page turner.” Dr. Bob Arnot, Foreign and National Correspondent and author of The Breast Cancer Prevention Diet
“According to the National Cancer Institute, as many as 35 to 50 percent of cancer cases are due to nutrition. What that means is that we can use nutrition, not only to help us prevent cancer, but also to improve survival. Becoming Whole is an inspiring account of one woman’s success in using simple dietary changes for breast cancer. It’s encouraging and practical advice is applicable to everyone, and I recommend this book whole-heartedly.” – Neal D. Barnard, MD, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
29.) Quantum Healing, Deepak Chopra
30.) Molecules of Emotion, Candace Pert – A classic! Addresses how thoughts and emotions change into neuropeptides that go through the blood stream, enter cell receptors and transform cell structure and function.
31.) The Biology of Belief, Bruce Lipton – Addresses how consciousness enters the cell from a biological perspective.
32.) Power vs. Force, The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior, David Hawkins - Addresses how consciousness enters the cell from a spiritual perspective.
33.) The Quantum Brain, Jeffrey Satinover – A physics book about how mind transforms into matter.
34.) The Field, Linda McTaggart – Addresses that space is an alive, conscious energy field from which we create physical reality.
35.) Psychic Discoveries Behind The Iron Curtain, Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder – Provides experiments proving that the mind is prime in the universe.
36.) The Self-Aware Universe, Amit Goswami – Addresses how all is creative potential that becomes reality through consciousness. Asks the question: How about on a macro level?
37.) The Cure Is In The Kitchen, by Sherry Rogers. Addresses the holistic treatment of disease.
38.) Eat To Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, and Super Immunity, The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body’s Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free, by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
39.) Cancer Healing Odyssey, My Wife’s Remarkable Journey With Love, Medicine and Natural Therapies, Sarto Schickel
40.) Disease Prevention and Treatment, Scientific Protocols that Integrate Mainstream and Alternative Medicine, Based on Thousands of Research Studies and The Clinical Experience of Physicians Around the World, by Life Extension Media.
41.) Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases, The Gerson Therapy: The Proven Nutritional Program for Cancer and Other Illnesses, The Gerson Miracle, by Charlotte Gerson. These books provide a complete guide to the theory and practice of Gerson Therapy, developed over 80 years ago by Dr. Max Gerson, MD (1881-1959). They show that the increasingly denatured, nutritionally empty, toxic modern diet is the main cause of today's worsening health crisis, and offer the solution in the form of a brilliant, precision-built nutritional program that eliminates the underlying causes of disease, leading to lasting cures. This program is best know for its success in curing many types of cancer, but it also has an excellent track record with a large number of other degenerative conditions. It is up to the individual, who wants to improve or regain his or her health and make use of it.
42.) What Women MUST Know to Protect Their Daughters From Breast Cancer, by Dr. Sherrill Sellman, a doctor of traditional naturopathy and Board Certified in Integrative Medicine, and a leading voice in women’s holistic health and wellness.
43.) 50 Critical Cancer Answers, Daniel E. Kennedy and Dr. Francisco Contreras
44.) Hope, Medicine & Healing, 50 Critical Cancer Answers, The Hope of Living Cancer Free, The Coming Cancer Cure, Beating Cancer and Dismantling Cancer, by Dr. Francisco Contreras
45.) The Only Answer to Cancer, and The Only Answer to Surviving Your Illness and Your Doctor, by Dr. Leonard Coldwell
46.) Heal Yourself 101, by Markus Rothkranz
47.) Cure Your Cancer and Cancer-Free, by Bill Henderson
48.) “Dr. Robert Young may be on the threshold of a new biology, whose principle—if proven—could revolutionize the biology and medicine worlds.” Neil Solomon, M.D., Ph.D. Former Head of Research for John Hopkins University.
Over the past two and a half decades, Robert O. Young has been widely recognized as one of the top research scientists in the world. Throughout his career, his research has been focused at the cellular level. Having a specialty in cellular nutrition, Dr. Young has devoted his life to researching the true causes of “disease,” subsequently developing “The New Biology™” to help people balance their life.
In 1994, Dr. Young discovered the biological transformation of red blood cells into bacteria and bacteria to red blood cells. He has since documented several such transformations. Dr. Young’s research has been published in several noted journals, including The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. (Sympathetic Resonance Technology, Scientific Foundations and Summary of Biologic and Clinical Studies, Dec. 2002, Vol. 8, No. 6: 835-842.). He is the author of numerous articles (Herbal Nutrition 1988) and author and co-author of many books including: Herbal Nutritional Medications (1988), One Sickness, One Disease, One Treatment (1992), Sick and Tired (Woodland Publishing, 1995), Back to the House of Health (Woodland Publishing, 1999), The pH Miracle (Warner Books, 2002), The pH Miracle for Diabetes, (Warner Books,2003), Back to the House of Health 2, (Woodland Books, 2003) and The pH Miracle for Weight Loss(Warner Books, 2004) and The pH Miracle: Revised and Updated (Warner Books, 2010).
The pH Miracle series has sold more than 400,000 copies and has more than ½ million copies in print as of April, 2009. The pH Miracle books have been translated into 17 languages and are gaining a widespread following internationally.
49.) An Alternative Medicine Definitive Guide to Cancer, by Burton Goldberg
50.) Getting Well Again by Simonton, Simonton and Creighton, and The Healing Journey by Simonton & Henson
51.) Cancer-Step Outside the Box, by Ty Bollinger
52.) Knockout, Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer--And How to Prevent Getting It in the First Place, by Suzanne Somers http://www.suzannesomers.com
53.) Definitive Guide to Cancer: An Integrated Approach to Prevention, Treatment and Healing, 3rd edition (2010), by Dr. Lise Alschuler and Karolyn Gazella http://www.drlise.net/definitive_guide_to_cancer.html
Books About The Present Ineffectual Medical Paradigm for Cancer and Other Life Threatening Conditions:
1. The Truth About Drug Companies, Marcia Angel, M.D. – A shocking expose by an insider about the drug industry.
2. Cancer Wars, A shocking expose about how most popular cancer therapies are not based on effectiveness, but economic considerations.
3. Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About, by Kevin Trudeau. “Kevin Trudeau blows the lid off a nest of deception and double standards concerning general and individual health…, has risked government prosecution to bring you the full story of an intricate conspiracy. From the retail supermarket outlets of huge, publicly traded corporations comes processed, manipulated, engineered "food products" – produced by other wings of the same corporation. These artificial, toxic treats are then sold with the blessings of the Federal Trade Commission and Food and Drug Administration – government organizations charged with safeguarding the public good – laying the foundations for future disease and chronic ill-health for the consumer, and a guaranteed source of revenue for the medical and pharmaceutical sectors. Kevin reveals the shocking truth of how drugs – which are being advertised directly to the consumer, pushing their use to an all-time high – are actually the cause of illness and disease climbing to near epidemic levels. And, though it sounds dire, Kevin offers a light in the darkness and directs the reader to scores and scores of alternative therapies, medical practices, philosophies and – most importantly – potential cures that help your body regain its natural state of health and vibrancy.”
1. “Miracle Healings” by Barry Harris. About the mind/body, spirit/nature relationship and lifestyle based on the latest science and testimonials from miraculous survivors of terminal illness. Barry has worked at Hippocrates Holistic Health Center where he witnessed miraculous recoveries of people with terminal illness, is in the process of getting published a twenty year book project on the subject, and also teaches Voice as a spiritual path and emotional healing discipline. Many of the books listed have been read and are suggested by Barry.
2. Courses and consultations with David Snieckus. David is a graduate of the world renowned Kushi Institute, and has been practicing Macrobiotics since 1977. His passion is to share his knowledge and experience and invoke self-awareness in others so that they may experience optimum health and happiness. For information on Macrobiotic courses, consultations, cooking classes, catering services (including for retreats), community dinners and brunches, and “David’s Take-Out”, contact David at (617) 964-2951, <email@example.com> or visit his web site: <www.DavidSnieckus.com>.
1. www.burtongoldberg.com - Provides a compelling film about cutting edge approaches to treating cancer using both traditional and alternative approaches (low dose chemotherapy, alternative, all-natural immune system stimulation without side-effects, etc.).
2. http://drforsythe.com/ - A reputable oncologist and homeopathic physician cited in the above film.
7. The ITL Clinic (<www.immunemedicine.com>) in Freeport, Bahamas. This facility would provide 24 hour care with IVs of supplements, including vitamin C.
8. http://polymva.com/ (See below)
9. <www.solgar.com> to order "Advanced 40 + Acidophilus Vegetable Caps" – "for beneficial microorganisms that survive stomach acidity and naturally reside in the lower digestive tract to help maintain a healthy intestinal flora".
10. http://www.cancertutor.com/Other02/CheckFast.html talks about treatment options for Stage 4 Cancer patients - 33 pages long
13. Great article here on cancer from the following site... highlighting the fact that lack of exercise and oxygenation, along with high sugar are culprits. They have done studies I heard of elsewhere, where the pathway of sugars in the system were correlated with the cancer. Good reminder of what we need to do to stay healthy. http://www.naturodoc.com/library/cancer/cancer-main.htm
49. Biological Medicine Network: www.marioninstitute.org/biological-medicine-network
"To treat differently, you have to think differently" -- Thomas Rau, M.D.
1. Check out intravenous vitamin C therapy!
2. Poly-MVA is a new, nontoxic, powerful antioxidant formula that protects both cell DNA and RNA. The use of this natural substance, which helps to “fix the cell” and control the cancer, rather than “fight the cancer” by poisoning the system, has clearly demonstrated safe antitumoral activity. Compared to chemotherapy, Poly-MVA offers an alternative, extremely powerful treatment. Poly-MVA is excellent in cases where no other remedies are possible. Poly-MVA has shown to be beneficial in cases of breast, prostate, colon, lung, stomach and brain cancer, and has also been used successfully in cases of psoriasis—a disease which often develops into cancer. COQ10 is a supplement that acts as a transfer agent, helping the poly-mva to get into other areas in the bloodstream. For more information, go to http://polymva.com/.
Gary Matson, Director
The Office of Practitioner Services
AMARC Enterprises, Inc. and Poly-MVA
2778-J Sweetwater Springs Blvd #309
Spring Valley, CA 91977
1-800-960-6760 or 619-713-0430, Ext. 108
3. For information on innovative and natural approaches to healing, go to: <www.ener-chi.com>.
Andreas Moritz is very good and available for phone consultation.
4. Barley Gold is a product that works at the cellular level to repair and renew cells. It is available at: http://www.barleygold.net/
5. Another product which is excellent for getting rid of cancer is the hull of flax. It is also available from the same person as above but through a different web site: http://flaxhulls.net/
6. Here’s an online five minute movie about acid water: http://keytohealth.x2omovie.com/movie.html
7. Dark purple or red grapes along with the seeds contain live enzymes and are detoxifying, according to Buddhist monks. Chew the grapes and seeds well.
Check out the following link regarding grapeseed extract:
8. Optimize intake of oxygen:
Eat foods with chlorophyll, like green plants, particularly algae and wheat grass.
Drink hydrogen peroxide via holistic practitioner who will dilute it properly.
Ozone therapy with an ozone machine (via Ed McCabe in FL)
Get plenty of fresh air; Be in/move to the country
9. Sitting in an Infrared Sauna for 20 minutes two times per day, which penetrates three inches into the body, could help to detoxify and release cancer cells.
10. On a spiritual level, everything is possible.
Hope, belief and faith could make all the difference in optimizing the chances of one's survival when faced with a terminal disease. One's state of consciousness could keep one alive, while one rebuilds one's body and immune system.
Science actually explains miracle healings, including of those on their death beds.
To summarize, thoughts, which affect emotions create neoropeptides (the material manifestation of one's emotions via a chemical), which enter the receptors of the white blood cell, unlock the cell and send instructions into the cell. If the neoropeptide is one of depression and hopelessness, then the message that the white blood cell receives is to die, which affects the immune system. On the other hand, there are stories of those who have believed that they could get well, regardless of statistics, through the power of the mind, and did. In essence, matter is a form of energy, and since energy is conscious, as theorized by modern physics, it can be transformed through the power of the mind. Put another way, the state of our mind affects our physical health.
There is scientific evidence as to why this works as well as testimonials.
Best book on the topic: Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, by Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder.
At the same time, it is important to find peace about dying through knowing the reality of spirit.
Hope, faith...and peace are the states that could lead to healing, whether in this realm or the next.
Cancer Update from John Hopkins:
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumours.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal,Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soya milk cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence,Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL, U.S.
1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.
Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well.
Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.
Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.
Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.
"The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas Edison, America's greatest inventive mind (1093 patents: light bulb, phonograph, microphone, carbon telephone transmitter, motion picture camera, et. al.)
"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food." Hippocrates, (Father of medicine)
"Make food simple and let things taste of what they are." Curnonsky, (Was the most celebrated writer on gastronomy in France in the 20th century.)
“Then God said, "Behold, I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food". Genesis 1:29/God, Creator of Heaven and Earth
Some Nutrition Facts
There is twice as much protein per calorie in broccolli then there is in red meat.
There is more useable calcium in green leafy vegetables then there is in cow's milk.
The flavonoid compounds found in spinach have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
KEYS TO A HEALTHY IMMUNE SYSTEM – A HOLISTIC APPROACH
From Walene James’ Immunization, The Reality Behind The Myth
A. Keep the body alkaline by:
1. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. For most people, the proportion should be 80% alkaline-forming food to 20% acid-forming food. In general, fresh fruits and vegetables are alkaline forming, and starches and proteins are acid forming. The more physically active a person is, the more acid-forming food a person could handle.
2. Eating only whole, natural foods. As much as possible, eat food that is fresh, in season, organically and locally grown. Eat most food raw or slightly steamed with an emphasis on green leafy vegetables.
3. Chewing food well; saliva alkalinizes food.
4. Eating whole grains that have been germinated. Germination makes them more alkaline, easier to digest, and increases protein and enzyme content.
5. Keeping eliminative organs working well and periodically going on short cleansing regimes.
6. Getting adequate rest, exercise, pure water, and fresh air.
1. Refined sugar
2. Refined, chemicalized, stale and overcooked food.
3. Poisons such as drugs, vaccines, insecticides, Xrays, and radioactivity.
4. And, of course, coffee, tobacco, and alcohol.
C. Take supplements as needed. The following nutrients specifically support the immune system:
1. Vitamin C, A, E and the B complex.
2. Minerals zinc, calcium, magnesium, iodine, iron, and selenium.
3. Herbs such as garlic, alfalfa, Echinacea, yarrow, gingerroot, cayenne, and taheebo ( a remarkable herb from the bark of a South American tree, also known as pau d’arco).
4. Lemons, acidophilus culture (for colon).
For more information on dosage and preparation of herbs, reference the following:
Everywoman’s Book, Paavo Airola
Childhood Diseases, John Christopher
Back to Eden, Jethro Kloss
“How To Strengthen Your Immune System”, Barry Sultanoff, East West Journal, 1986
Moderation: Do nothing in excess.
Positive thinking: Give energy to the desired condition.
Open-mindedness: Believe you can have the desired condition.
Visualization: See the desired condition.
Balanced living: Balance physical, mental, social, and spiritual activities.
1. Reacting negatively or stressfully to a situation.
1. Seeing yourself as part of an “unbroken wholeness” in which every part supports every other part.
2. Seeing the universe as harmonious and life-affirming.
3. Seeing your body as an energy field, an extension of your consciousness that responds to your thoughts and feelings.
4. “Centering” and getting in touch with your transpersonal self and its life-affirming energies.
Margaret S. Arndt
Advocate for greater awareness